Talks and Discussion
Site gallery, 1 Brown Street, Sheffield
Dancing and Braiding: Symposium
Through talks, discussion and short performance, contributors to the symposium will consider their work in the context of interlacing within and between textiles, e-textiles, pattern, structure and movement, including dance. Interfaces between materials, craft technologies, digital engineering, responsive systems, embodied communications, threads, inter-weaving, intertwining, braiding and building will provide a rich vein of dialogue, experimentation and recent practice-led outcomes.
Chaired by Victoria Mitchell (Norwich University of Arts).
Participants (including presenters and discussion chairs) will include:
- Berit Greinke (University of Arts, Berlin)
- Kate Sicchio (Dance and Choreography, Virginia Commonwealth University)
- Sandra de Berduccy - to be confirmed (E-textile artist, Bolivia)
- Rosamaria Kostic Cisernos (Dance research, Coventry University)
- Maria Castan Cabrero (Textiles, Royal College of Art, London)
- Ellen Harlizius-Klück (Deutsches Museum, Munich)
- Thea Pitman (Latin American Studies, University of Leeds)
- Toni Buckby (Sheffield Hallam University/V&A Museum)
- FoAM Kernow (Penryn)
Full list of speakers, session chairs and topics to be released soon.